2014 USTB-UOW Materials Symposium Held in USTB
On Oct. 30th, the 2014 USTB-UOW Materials Symposium was held in the lecture hall of USTB Library. Several experts from both UOW and USTB were invited to attend the meeting together with teachers and students from the School of Materials Science and Engineering at USTB. Prof. Wang Ge attended and delivered the welcoming speech.
In the opening Ceremony, Prof. Wang Ge welcomed all the guests. She spoke about how USTB and UOW had signed a cooperation agreement in 2007. Since then, the two universities have maintained a long-running close relationship, and they have engaged in close cooperation on several issues including joint research, teacher exchange, and collaboration on a high-level doctoral program. She expressed her hope that the symposium would serve as a platform for further communication and cooperation between the two sides.
After the opening ceremony, experts from USTB and UOW gave reports and shared their recent research projects and results with teachers and students. The content of these reports detailed many cutting-edge disciplines, including material cutting, material corrosion and roll forming.
The objectives of the Symposium were to facilitate in-depth discussion and to create an opportunities for further cooperation. The Symposium also promoted discussion about the 2+2 joint program for materials major bachelor students .
More highlights & notices
- The 20th anniversary of Beijing establishing sister city ties with Seoul activity “Talk of Hope” wrapped up
- Delegation led by Vice president of Chulalongkorn University of Thailand visited our university
- The Third USTB-Oxford Materials Symposium was Successfully Held
- USTB and EPM Signed Cooperation Agreement
- 2014 USTB-UOW Materials Symposium Held in USTB